Friday, March 30, 2012

Silence...


For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you. (1 Corinthians 4:15) 


To hear from God, you must learn to be silent! You must also learn to silence others who choose to "advice" you:)


                                                                 
I  wonder if Job ever got tired of everyone telling him what he had done wrong, what to do to fix his life, how to repent, etc...?  I am going to go out on a limb here and say, YES!
Job himself didn't even understand what was going on, however, what he did know was that he trusted God.  I can't help to feel that with everything Job had to go through, he also had to deal with everyones opinions/advice.  He also had to deal with people telling him how he needed to repent for whatever sin he must have committed. I mean think about it, nothing "bad" ever happens to those that love God. Right?



                                                                               

Can you imagine saying that to Adam and Eve, Abel, Moses, Abraham, or David? Lets not forget about the Disciples/Jesus.


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33




Anytime you start a journey, of any sort, you often have people who will inquire about your journey.
The problem with that is, even though I am very eager to share, I find like Job, that I do not have complete understanding of what God is up to!
This can cause confusion for anyone "following" your journey:)





Keep in mind, when Job and God had their conversation, all those other folks were not invited!


I wonder if God was speaking all along, however, the voices of everyone else was drowning God out?
Since God is the small still voice, then I doubt you are going to hear Him with all the "loudness" in your life.


I look forward to being a light for God/sharing my Life's Journey, however, my "book of life" is still being written/edited at the present moment. Sooo, you will have to wait until it is finished:) 




Keep in mind, sometimes your life is the only bible some people might read. Make sure you are displaying Gods will for your life, not yours!


Sandy....



No comments:

Post a Comment